NBCDS Turns 30: All-day Celebration in Petaluma
December 3 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
NBCDS turns 30 this year! Since our founding in 1993, we’ve been spreading joy and building community through Apple Tree Morris and English Country & Contra dance series in Napa, Sonoma, and Marin counties. We host the Mad Robin Ball and Epicenter contra dance weekend as well as other special concerts and events. Through the pandemic, we hosted Saturday Evening Waltz Parties online. Now we invite you to celebrate with us in person:
Sunday, December 3, 2023 at Cram Hall, St. John’s Episcopal on 5th Street in Petaluma
- 2:00-4:30 English Country Dance for All with delightful calling by Kalia Kliban
- 4:30-6:00 Dinner with main dish provided by NBCDS supplemented by potluck sides and desserts. Ceremony to honor volunteers who have contributed significantly over the years. Perhaps an appearance by Apple Tree Morris. Lively conversation and good cheer.
- 6:00-9:00 Contra dance with calling by Susan Petrick (larks & robins)
- Cram Hall is at St. John’s Episcopal and is located at 530 C Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets in Petaluma. Parking lot adjacent to the Hall at the corner of C and Sixth.
- NBCDS dances are fragrance-free
- Currently, NBCDS contras are mask-optional, and dance organizers *may* opt to recommend or require masks. The NBCDS Safety Committee makes weekly assessments of data about viral loads in wastewater to inform recommendations about masking. If you are feeling ill, please dance with us another time — thanks for helping to keep transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses to a minimum.